EZ Movers, a full-service moving company in Chicago, is dedicated to helping customers make moving easy. We’re happy to provide these tips for movers in Columbus, Dayton movers, and anyone who’s getting ready to relocate to safely and effectively pack furniture for a local or long-distance move.
- Have a complete inventory of your furniture that needs to be packed, including which pieces can be disassembled and which can be prepared ahead of time.
- Find out before moving day what tools you will need to disassemble your furniture, and have these tools on hand—as well as plastic bags, permanent markers, and tape.
- Working with one piece of furniture at a time, remove any parts that can be removed. This includes table, couch, and chair legs, glass table tops, shelves, and bed frames.
- Place small parts, including legs, screws, nuts and bolts, and washers, in plastic bags and label with markers, noting how many parts there are and which furniture piece they go to. Tape the parts bags to the corresponding furniture—be sure you don’t apply tape to areas that can be damaged, like painted or varnished wood.
- Store cushions and pillows for furniture in clear plastic garbage bags for loading onto the moving truck.
- Use furniture wax to protect fine wood furnishings from scratches and nicks during transportation.
- Wrap furniture pieces in blankets, moving pads, or bubble wrap, and secure with a rope or other tie. Don’t tape wrappings to furniture, as the tape can damage the surfaces.
- Save on cleaning costs by having your furniture thoroughly cleaned at your new home, rather than cleaning them before moving and again after moving.
There are no comments