EZ Movers, a professional moving company in Chicago, understands how stressful moving can be—especially long distance moves, although local moves can be just as challenging.
With 15 years of experience offering local Chicagoland moving, Cleveland moving services, relocations to Florida, and full-service moving throughout the continental U.S., we’re pleased to offer our top 10 tips that can help make your move EZ!
- It’s never too early to start planning your move. You should begin planning as soon as the decision to relocate is made.
- Making a lot of lists can help you keep things organized and moving as planned. It’s great if you can use a smartphone to-do app to help you keep track.
- During your initial planning stages, it’s time to start purging your household of all the things you no longer want or need, so you’ll have less to pack and move.
- Remember to plan all of the details that go along with moving, other than packing—such as switching utilities and filing a change of address at the post office.
- Research your new neighborhood as much as possible so you know where things are when you get there, such as schools, stores, and medical services.
- If you’re using a professional full-service moving company, make sure to schedule your move in advance to guarantee availability.
- Find out about parking regulations at your new home ahead of time.
- If needed, make sure to reserve elevators on moving day.
- Pack all of your belongings properly with the right packing materials, and label each one clearly so that nothing gets lost.
- Reserve the essentials you'll need for the first day or two at your new home, and take them in the vehicle with you rather than loading them on the truck.