Jefferson City is divided into two neighborhoods of roughly equal size. The northern neighborhood is centered around and named for Carson-Newman College, a four-year liberal arts school that is historically Southern Baptist. Enrollment at Carson-Newman, formerly known as Mossy Creek Baptist College, is just over 5,000 annually. The southern neighborhood of Jefferson City is Gravelly Hill, a suburban area that also contains several farms.
In Jefferson City, housing consists largely of single-family homes, though there are many apartment buildings in the Carson-Newman College neighborhood that serve primarily as student housing. Several homes in Jefferson City are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, including the Branner-Hicks House, a Gothic-style mansion built in 1855. While many homes have traditional styles, there are some contemporary condos and high-rise buildings.
Historic sites are common throughout Tennessee, and one of Jefferson City's most interesting attractions is the historic Branner Cemetery. Built near the commemorative marker for the Battle of Mossy Creek, this restored cemetery houses the remains of both Union and Confederate soldiers from the Civil War. There are also five community parks in Jefferson City, including the scenic Mossy Creek Wildlife Area.
Jefferson City Movers of EZ Movers
Jefferson City Movers has been helping families move to Jefferson City, TN and other cities in the U.S. for over 15 years. Whether yours is a long distance, local, residential or commercial move, EZ Movers can help make it a successful one.
Why EZ Movers?
- Safe. Most EZ Movers' sales specialists are Certified Moving Consultant (CMC) certified, the industry-recognized credential for adherence to ethical conduct.
- Start to Finish. We manage your entire move, including consultation, packing, moving, and storage.
- Save. We offer flexible rates, so there's sure to be an option that fits your budget.
- Serve. As an affiliate of Susan G. Komen,Nashville, we give back a percentage of every move to serve our community by helping fund breast cancer research.
- Smile. We enjoy being a part of your family's transition and work hard to make it a stress-free, happy experience.
EZ Movers is proud to provide the community with quality moving services and in utilizing our success to help support the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
We will continue to work hard and offer professional moving services in the years to come. EZ Does it!
We make it personal, yet keep it professional! e-z does it!
Request an Estimate!
Call our relocation specialists for more information on moving estimates, packages and storage 1-888.917.8300