- Before you move, make sure that your pet is healthy enough for it. Take him to the veterinarian and get a final check-up.
- While you’re there, get all his medical reports and history. Make sure that all his immunizations are current and up-to-date.
- Make sure that your pet has all the proper identification tags on him in case he gets lost.
- The activity associated with moving might disturb him and he might get agitated. Keep a careful eye on him during the process. If you can’t, consider hiring a pet sitter to keep him away from the chaos.
- Keep the health certificate and rabies vaccination certificate with you during the move. Both of these will be provided by the vet on request.
- Some states have special requirements regarding pets crossing state lines. Contact the veterinarian or the State Department of Animal Husbandry to get the full information on moving your pet.
- After you’ve relocated, give your pet the time and space needed to get comfortable with his new surroundings. Dedicate some time to escort him around the neighborhood so that he’s less anxious.
- If your pet needs to travel separately, make sure that you make all the arrangements well in advance.
- Consider if you need to have him sedated for the journey or not. Consult the veterinarian for advice on this.
- We recommend that if you’re traveling by car, that take your pet along with you. This would help them be calm.
- Shower some love and affection on your pet during this time. A move can be distressful for them. Make sure that they’re no agitated and take something to keep them entertained along with you.
We don’t need to tell you that pets are a member of your family. They need the care and attention so that they move to unfamiliar territory is as smooth as possible. After the move, spend some time with him and cuddle him a little. That would help him settle down.
We make it personal, yet keep it professional! e-z does it!
Reserve Your Move!
Call our relocation specialists for more information on moving estimates, packages and storage 1-888.917.8300