In 2014, more people than ever are moving to Chicago for a variety of reasons. Chicago movers often look forward to the diversity of the city, the abundant recreation and entertainment options, and the many available jobs in the area.
E-Z Movers has offered smooth, cost-effective local and long-distance Chicago moving services for more than 15 years. We’re pleased to offer these valuable tips for people who are moving to Chicago.
The Chicago area is well known for having a wide variety of neighborhoods. Some of the safest and most affordable Chicago neighborhoods include:
- North Side Chicago: Gold Coast, Old Town, Roscoe Village, Lincoln Park
- East Side Chicago: Calumet Park, East Loop/New East Side
- Downtown and West Side Chicago: University Village, South Loop, Wicker Park
The summer months are peak moving season, but the best time to move to Chicago is just before and during the start of peak season. From April to June, Chicago sees a lot of good moving weather—and with decreased moving traffic, you’ll have better availability from Chicago moving services, as well as more options for housing.
- In some areas of Chicago, you will need to reserve a parking space for your moving truck in advance of your move.
- Some Chicago buildings, usually in the downtown area, have maximum size specifications for moving trucks that are allowed to park there.
- You may also have to reserve an elevator for your move, depending on the Chicago building you’re moving to.
If you have questions about moving to Chicago, contact E-Z Movers today to speak with one of our Certified Moving Consultants.